Job Vacancy: Maintenance Supervisor
The Location: Kenya, Kajiado
Overall Purpose of the Job: Responsible for the entire maintenance of Breeders, Broilers & Hatchery facilities.
The Head of Maintenance shall also execute both administrative and organizational roles and ascertain that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed whilst upholding’ quality and standards of the organization
Reporting directly to the Technical Operations Manager, the Head of Maintenance key focus areas are as follows:
- Maintenance staff performance management
- Timely completion of assigned Projects
- Budget control
- Implementation of KAIZEN Systems and Standards
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct regular inspections and ensuring proper upkeep and maintenance in the Breeders, Hatchery & Broilers Facilities.
- Design maintenance programs & Implement preventative maintenance programs
- Manage Maintenance expenditure and ensure control of set budget
- Ensure proper working of all electrical units and systems in the facilities.
- Lead entire maintenance team and ensure effective delegation of tasks.
- Keep a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in the facilities.
- Evaluate skills and performance of the maintenance team
- Carry out regular in house training for maintenance team
- Comply with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA) while carrying out maintenance functions.
- In liaison with the Technical Operations Manager, place orders for spare parts and equipment for replacement and ascertain proper documentation of the same.
- Synchronize work processes with other departments of the establishment.
- Participate in the recruitment of maintenance personnel.
Experience & Background Needed
- Degree/ diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years experience managing a factory.
- Experience in Manufacturing industry will be an added advantage
Other Vital Qualities
- Effective people management skills
- Ability to perform at a high level, constantly with proven experience
- Effective project management
- Computer literate
- Being analytical and strategic
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to Make concrete and effective decisions
- Motivating staff
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted