Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifying patient clinical history and health status, evaluating related tests and images
- Communicating comfortably and clearly with patient to explain the procedure, answer questions and relay information about what to expect during the procedure.
- Communicating any concerns to the referring or interpreting physician as needed prior to the planned ultrasound procedure.
- Consulting with medical professionals and independently assessing any possible need to adapt the planned procedure to achieve optimal results.
- Administering contrast media through an intravenous line as needed after receiving appropriate approval.
- Upholding quality patient care standards as professionally defined before, during and after the procedure
- Operating the ultrasound equipment and analyzing findings in real time during the examination to ensure optimal data is obtained.
- Physically moving or assisting the movement of the patient as necessary to ensure comfort, a successful procedure and minimal patient exposure to high-frequency sound waves
- Evaluating ultrasound exam results to identify expected and unexpected outcomes given the procedure plan as well as whether appropriate test guidelines and protocols were followed.
- Identifying and documenting unexpected results that may indicate the need for further testing or immediate medical attention.
- Completing ultrasound technician worksheets that explain test findings to the physician.
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences / Higher Diploma in Ultrasound.
- One (1) year work experience (Fresher’s can also apply)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics.
Starting Basic salary – Kshs 45,000 – 70,000.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating radiographic equipment
- Adjust equipment for proper radiographic exposure techniques in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
- Explain x-ray procedures to patients.
- Ensure the quality of images is satisfactory for clinical purposes
- Implements radiation safety guidelines and conducts proper radiation protections practices during imaging process.
- Perform primary work area and demonstrate competency.
- Demonstrate acceptable film quality standards
- Ensure accurate patient position during radiographic procedures.
- Diploma in Imaging sciences.
- Registration with Radiation Protection Board.
- Valid practice license.
- One (1) year work experience (Fresher’s can also apply)
- Computer literate
- Detail Oriented
- Good Interpersonal skills
Clinical Oral Health Officer – COHO
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the current health and condition of their patient’s teeth to determine diagnosis of dental condition, if any
- Inform their patients on how to prevent dental problems and keep their teeth and mouth as healthy as possible
- Complete treatment on affected gums, decayed and fractured teeth, and perform tooth removal for cases where there are high levels of decay
- Consider treatment methods and explain the options with the patient to determine which works best for them based on their situation
- Keep all equipment functional and clean
- Maintain dental files for all patients
- Monitor and evaluate any x-ray images for any part of the patient’s oral cavity
- Refer patients with complicated cases beyond them to other dental specialist for more advanced procedures and care.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the management.
- Qualified COHO from a well-recognized institution
- Should have a practicing license from the board of practitioners
- Experience of at least 1 year
- Effective interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service
- Competence in MS office
- Quick learner and able to manage change.
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the ordering of all eye-related products and ensure that they are fitted, adjusted and repaired properly.
The incumbent will also be responsible for designing and fitting special devices.
- Taking eye and facial measurements to correctly interpret prescriptions
- Guiding patients when selecting frames for proper fit and styling
- Inserting, removing and caring for contact lenses
- Advising patients on any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Maintaining displays
- Basic bookkeeping duties associated with tracking patient’s orders and recording purchases and other necessary information for each patient
- Preparing work orders for optical laboratory
- Ensuring that all orders arrive and are to the specifications of the patient
- A Diploma in Optical Technology from a reputable Institution with registration from the relevant Kenyan Board.
- S / he should have at least 1-2 year’s work experience with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Diploma in Pharmacy and already licensed;
- At least 1- 2 yrs. Working experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Diploma in Community health Nursing.
- Nursing & Clinical Skills,
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment for the clients to reduce morbidity, mortality and increase longevity of the patients’ life.
- Perform minor surgical operations.
- In collaboration with the team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services
- Ensure the clinic treatment rooms are well equipped at all times.
- Ensure excellent standards and quality of clinical and Home based Care services.
- Ensure that patient data / information are handled confidentially at all times.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Participate in the community out-reach programs home based care
- Prepare the weekly plans / schedules and reports.
- Ensure proper and cost effective use of resources.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to HIV / AIDS patients.
- Take the patients history to ascertain the right treatment
- Provide antiretroviral therapy and general medical care to HIV / AIDS infected patients.
- Give treatment while ensuring that established treatment protocols and treatment process as well as dispensing of drugs are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
- Ensure accurate and secure documentation of activities is kept
- Participate in evidence informed interventions targeting youth and the general population.
- Maintain adequate supplies drugs at all times.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records at the clinic.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery with valid registration from the board.
- At least 1-2 years relevant experience in a similar position
Interested candidates should send a copy of updated resume to email@example.com immediately, quoting the job title and preferred location as the email subject.