Assembly Line Supervisors
Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
Reporting to the Production Manager, we are seeking 2 Supervisors to manage up to 20 fitters and Mechanics on the Trim, and Chassis Final lines who assemble the final vehicle after it’s been through Body and Paint Shops.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the team to achieve superior automotive quality products.
- Prepare work schedules to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Management and inputting of material requirements and job data into the computer system.
- Ensure proper arrangement and layering of the production machines, tools, staff and materials.
- Ensure that all team members follow Quality Management System processes and procedures.
- Lead the assembly of components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Coordinate the efforts of the team members to support production schedules that ensure on-time delivery.
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolve assembly problems on the floor and notifying Production Manager to obtain additional resources if required.
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; monitoring rejections.
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in engineering and operations management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team – preferably within the automotive industry.
- General Diploma in a technical field
- 3+ years related experience in mechanical engineering, production line operations – preferably with a major automotive company
- Experience in Production computer systems – such as opening and closing jobs, allocating materials
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent creative questioning approach
- Exceptional integrity and a strong sense of ethics
How to Apply
email your application to email@example.com
Open until filled