Body Shop Supervisor
Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
Reporting to the Production Manager, we are seeking a Body Shop Supervisor to oversee a team of up to 20 people who fabricate and assemble Chassis’ and vehicle systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the team welding and sub-assembling chassis, spaceframes and chassis components, and the final assembly of vehicle Chassis’.
- Prepare work schedules to be accomplished by studying work instructions and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Management and inputting of material requirements and job data into the computer system.
- Ensure the proper use of, and output from, the production machines, tools, staff and materials.
- Ensure that all team members follow Quality Management System processes and procedures.
- Resolve body shop problems on the floor and notifying Manager to obtain additional resources if required.
- Coordinate the efforts of the team members to support production schedules that ensure on-time delivery.
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component.
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting requests for supplies; monitoring rejections.
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in engineering and operations management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team – preferably within the automotive industry.
- General Diploma in a technical field
- Practical experience of, and preferably, a qualification in, MIG welding operations
- 3+ years related experience in Fabrication, mechanical engineering and production line operations – preferably with a major automotive company
- Experience in Production computer systems – such as opening and closing jobs, allocating materials
- Patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent creative questioning approach
- Exceptional integrity and a strong sense of ethics
How to Apply
email your application to email@example.com
Open until filled