Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking exceptional mechanics to support the build of our vehicles in the Body Shop and Assembly lines.
Reporting to either the Body Shop Supervisor or Assembly Line Supervisor the specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- To contribute in assembly and fitting, of various components and subassemblies to ensure smooth process of vehicle build.
- To set up, arrange and operate equipment as per the specifications and instructions from the supervisor.
- Monitor the functioning of all equipment and report any problems or substandard condition to the supervisor.
- Assemble according to Work Instructions.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements.
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against Drawings and Work Instructions.
- Maintain work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Ensure high quality standards throughout all the work carried out.
An ideal candidate should combine strong technical skills in vehicle mechanics with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
They should be rigorous, pragmatic and on-the-ground solution focussed – not overly academic.
- High school Diploma from a registered Kenyan high school
- Mechanic Certificate II or higher
- 3 years of automotive-related mechanic experience, preferably on a vehicle build project
- Working knowledge of vehicle systems
- Ability to work with professionally and with precision while meeting strict deadlines
- Knowledgeable on various workshop precision tools and machinery
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Patience, a good sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and unwavering determination
- Ability to self-manage; work planning and reporting
- Fluency in English (the working language of Mobius)
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
How to Apply
email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||