Paint Shop Supervisor
Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
Reporting to the Production Manager, we are seeking a Paint Shop Supervisor to oversee the scheduling of all paint activities in our vehicle production.
The role will require a close working relationship with the onsite subcontracted Paint Shop, the Production Manager as well as the whole of the Production Team.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and supervise activities in the paint shop.
- Lead the subcontracted team to achieve acceptable Quality Standards.
- Prepare work schedules to be accomplished gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Management and inputting of material requirements and job data into the computer system.
- Ensure that all team members follow Quality Management System processes and procedures.
- Coordinate the efforts of the team members to support production schedules that ensure on-time delivery.
- Resolve paint shop problems by working closely with the subcontracted Paint Shop on the floor and notify the Production Manager to obtain additional resources if required.
- Manage the movement of unpainted and painted bodies through the Paint Shop to Final Assembly line.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Record output versus target and report as required.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in vehicle Paint Shop operations management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team – preferably within the automotive industry.
- General Diploma in a technical field
- 3+ years related experience in Paint Shop Operations and/or Management – preferably within the automotive industry
- Experience in Production computer systems – such as opening and closing jobs, allocating materials
- Patience, a good sense of humour and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with tact and diplomacy with third party vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent creative questioning approach
- Exceptional integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Ability to self-manage; work planning and reporting
- Fluency in English (the working language of Mobius)
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
How to Apply
email your application to email@example.com
Open until filled