Description: Mobius Motors designs, manufactures, and sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Our vehicles create a transport platform that empowers local entrepreneurs to run profitable transportation services to end-users in their communities.
We are seeking an exceptional early-mid career professional to coordinate our technical and operations teams to deliver diverse and complex projects from inception to launch.
The role will require a close working relationship across the Mobius management team, particularly with the Integration Manager and Supply Chain Manager.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and communicate robust project plans across the organisation – ensure key stakeholders are identified and kept regularly updated on progress and escalate risks/issues accordingly.
- Map project plan dependencies between engineering, supply chain, production, procurement, aftersales and sales and marketing functions.
- Work closely with technical and operations staff to monitor the status of project line items and proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Maintain a rigorous risk and issue log for tasks on each project – ensure key stakeholders are kept regularly informed.
- Produce professional, simple and error-free documents to Mobius management and leadership.
- Develop a simple and quick process for team members to feed status updates into a central project management system.
- Develop simple and robust project management dashboards for both team and cross-functional projects – present dashboard to Mobius leadership as appropriate.
- Maintain historical log of deadlines to better understand actual man-hours dedicated to each task – analyse historical plans to effectively allocate proper resources and lead times to new projects.
Communication and Facilitation
- Facilitate efficient daily cross-functional standing meetings to ensure team projects are on track for timely completion.
- Present regular project management dashboard to Mobius leadership and project leads.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in project management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should be adept to quickly grasp organisational interdependencies and be comfortable organising complex information into actionable plans.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in a quantitative subject
- 3.4 GPA or higher from a top university worldwide
- 4+ years related experience in project management
- Excellent problem solving ability in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical skills with regards to data manipulation and the ability to create information from data
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp high level concepts and develop actionable plans even with initial limited understanding of technical concepts
- Exceptional intellectual curiosity and ability to seek clarity on information they do not understand from Mobius staff and personal external research
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of project timeline and results
- Strong technical writing ability; able to read and interpret drawings
- High Proficiency in Project Management tools like MS Project
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Visio
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others; ability to communicate potentially negative information in an effective way
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal oriented, flexible, and able to deal well with setbacks
- Fluency in English
- 6+ years related experience in project management or operations
- Knowledge of manufacturing, equipment and process within final assembly, body shop, paint shop and powertrain
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
How to Apply
E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org