Description: Mobius Motors designs, manufactures, and sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Our vehicles create a transport platform that empowers local entrepreneurs to run profitable transportation services to end-users in their communities.
We are seeking a long-term commitment from an exceptional mid-career Technology Officer to provide technical support and maintaining the smooth operation of the IT Infrastructure.
The role will require a close working relationship with Mobius Team.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide user support and customer service to users requiring technical assistance.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Ensure antivirus on all laptops and desk tops are up to date.
- Assist in the training of user on commonly used software for utilities.
- Ensure user laptop or PC’s have up to-date software patches and updates as agreed.
- Basic hardware and software trouble shooting skills of PC’s, Laptops, scanners, printers.
- Accept general responsibility for all IT infrastructure as well as safe keeping of the same.
- Inform users on Computer policies.
- Maintain relevant and up to date knowledge of business and information technology and update users.
- Undertake system monitoring and tuning to ensure optimum performance.
- Review and maintain efficient and effective database backup procedures to enable the provision of successful and accurate backups so that any data can be restored quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain adequate security of data by implementing, monitoring and auditing appropriate security policies.
An ideal candidate should combine a unique blend of exceptional technical, organisational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
They should possess an energetic disposition along with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, work under pressure and take initiative regularly.
They should be rigorous, pragmatic and on-the-ground solution focussed – not overly academic.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an information technology role in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Education from a top university with an undergraduate and/or graduate degree
- Experience in SAP One – Hana
- Professional qualifications in Information Technology; The Microsoft Certified Software Engineer (MCSE), CCNA etc.
- Advanced use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Google Mail and Outlook – including email, calendar and contacts
- An adaptable, keen and flexible approach including working long and/or flexible hours
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent understanding of how information systems are used and how to apply technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment, work within a diverse team
- Ability to learn quickly and self-manage; taking ownership of projects
- Executing projects/tasks quickly and with flawless accuracy, with great systematic attention to detail
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
- Kenyan citizenship or permanent residence
- Prior work experience with a top tier company in Kenya
How to Apply
E-mail your application to email@example.com