Vehicle Integration Manager
Description: Mobius Motors designs, manufactures, and sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Our vehicles create a transport platform that empowers local entrepreneurs to run profitable transportation services to end-users in their communities.
The Vehicle Integration Manager will ensure throughout the vehicle development program, the execution of the virtual and physical integration of systems and the validation of performance is in line with the approved targets for the vehicle architecture.
They will lead and manage a team of engineers that are responsible for the geometric, functional and performance integration of all components in the vehicle.
The team will include CAD Packaging Layout Engineers, Vehicle Performance and BOM Configuration Engineers.
The role will require a close working relationship with the Associate & Technical Director and the overall Technical team.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the vehicle integration team and activities ensuring that a coherent concept is developed inline with design, technical feasibility and budget/cost limitations whilst meeting all key functional and customer requirements.
- Ensure all determined Voice of the Customer Critical Requirements are integrated into the vehicle.
- Manage the overall CAD packaging development and release work and process ensuring alignment with vehicle requirements and program plan.
- Ensure all vehicle performance requirements have been thoroughly defined, tracked and developed to meet the program requirements.
- Ensure all vehicle integration activities and progress is tracked and reported against plan.
- Ensure clear and detailed evaluation reports and documentation is produced from the design and validation of the various integration activities for dissemination to other engineering and service teams.
- Ensure all vehicle product BOM data is accurately managed and updated.
- Ensure all verification & validation activities for the vehicle integration are determined, executed and reported on.
- Ensure regular reporting to management of key open integration issues as required
- Ensure vehicle packaging and integration team design reviews and analysis are sufficiently conducted ensuring adherence to best practices.
- Support and prepare content for program milestone reviews providing clear integration activities program direction and status.
- Establish, track and manage constant ongoing product and process cost reduction activities or improvement initiatives throughout product lifecycle.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in engineering and operations management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in leading multi-function teams and developing, integrating and validating full vehicle content – within the automotive industry.
They should be strong
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or similar
- 10+ years related experience in automotive product design/development engineering
- Excellent leadership and clear sense of direction with ability to communicate that to others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to resolve conflict and differing points of view in productive and quick manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Exceptional integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Exceptional persistence and endurance to overcome significant challenges
- Excellent leadership problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to lead teams to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving our vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
- Masters degree (or higher) in in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or similar
- Related experience in creating, reviewing, interpreting and approving the vehicle requirements and their relation to the engineering BOM
- Six Sigma Certification
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
How to Apply
E-mail your application to email@example.com