Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
Reporting to the Body Shop Supervisor, Mobius Motors are seeking to create a team of welders to support the fabrication of our vehicles in the Body Shop.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Weld Chassis subassemblies plus associated parts for our newest vehicle to be launched in 2016.
- Prepare and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arrange of parts for welding and staging processes.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements.
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings.
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Maintain work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Ensure high quality standards throughout all the work carried out.
An ideal candidate should combine strong technical skills in welding with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively as part of a team.
They should be rigorous, pragmatic and on-the-ground solution focussed – not overly academic.
- High school Diploma from a registered Kenyan high school
- Welder Certificate II or higher
- 3 years of automotive-related fabrication experience, preferably on a vehicle build project
- Ability to work with professionally and with precision while meeting strict deadlines
- Knowledgeable on various workshop precision tools and machinery
- Patience and a good sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to self-manage; work planning and reporting
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
- Fluency in English (the working language of Mobius)
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
- Ability to read design and manufacturing drawings
How to Apply
email your application to email@example.com
Open until filled