Founded in 1916 and incorporated under the laws of the District of Columbia, the National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA CLUSA) is the oldest National cooperative trade association in the United States of America.
NCBA CLUSA is globally recognized leader in providing agricultural industry- defining solutions and applying cooperative enterprise strategies to development.
NCBA CLUSA’s international mission is to alleviate poverty through economic empowerment.
Senior Operations Manager, NCBA CLUSA
Senior Operations Manager, NCBA CLUSA
Overview: The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for overall local management and operations for the successful and effective delivery of NCBA CLUSA training programs, including all training content, logistical aspects, and obligations to utilize resources effectively and transparently.
The Senior Operations Manager will ensure optimal strategic direction and achievement of program objectives for NCBA CLUSA and its consortium partners as well as compliance with CLUSA program quality standards of U.S. government and other donor administrative and financial requirements.
The job opportunity is for a term of one year with an opportunity for renewal.
- Lead and coordinate consortium members’ inputs and support for technical strategies, operational planning, and implementation processes
- Lead and support the development and implementation of high-caliber training curriculum on governance, management and financial literacy for pre-cooperatives and cooperatives in collaboration with the NCBA CLUSA Cooperative Advisor (including training manuals).
- Support increased agriculture production, value addition, market linkages, access to finance, and improved governance of farmer cooperatives and farmer groups
- In collaboration with field staff, establish and monitor partnerships with and ownership by communities, government and private sector viz a viz NCBA CLUSA projects
- Ensure donor regulations are met in implementation of project activities and where necessary represent NCBA CLUSA on presenting results to donors
- Develop effective management of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Systems, ensuring they are implemented effectively, including timely data collection, survey work, analysis, and M&E reporting
- Evaluate project progress and performance on activities based on indicators outlined in project monitoring framework (i.e. identify and document success stories)
- Ensure uniformly defined indicators, data reporting requirements, new staff training in M&E capabilities, roles and responsibilities and ensure learning across Kenya office staff.
- Where appropriate, organize and manage external evaluation missions for projects
- Make necessary recommendations on the way forward on improving operational, management and M&E systems of Kenya office
- Identify and assess areas for new funding opportunities and leverage program results to maintain current and secure new fund partners
- Maintain quality assurance and control over reports, proposals and concept notes being sent out to NCBA CLUSA U.S. home office and to donors
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree required in international development, economics, agriculture/ agribusiness, community development or related degree;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in international development;
- Strong skills in food security, financial services, and cooperative and/ or association development;
- Previous experience in a management position in a developing country, US government grant management experience preferred;
- Excellent team leadership and program management skills;
- Experience managing project communications and compliance with donor regulations;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Fluency in English, Swahili required
How to Apply
Email your applications directly to: email@example.com
with a copy to the Country Director Kenya: CAdemba@ncba.coop
Not later than 20th July 2016
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||