Our client is a Kenyan NGO with the aim of improving the circumstances in which many Kenyan children grow up. They provides child support interventions to reach the most vulnerable children.
The job description: The nurse will be responsible for the health, hygiene and wellbeing of the children.
The jobholder will ensure all health requirements of the children are met, lead in developing and implementing preventative hygiene processes and procedures; administering of first aid; record keeping and providing informative measures.
In particular, s/he will:
- Assess the patient’s needs for nursing services and treatment.
- Address immediate medical needs for children and advice on further medical treatment.
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date medical records of all the children as regulated by the Ministry of Health.
- Establish procedures for administering first aid in cases of accidents or illness in and out of the school’s premises.
- Monitor and maintain a minimum level of cleanliness and hygiene within the home, particularly in areas such as the kitchen, washrooms and all the common facilities.
- Ensure the children home’s medical supplies are maintained at an optimal level.
- Verify and maintain information relating to patients treatment records.
- Keeping records of drugs and supplies.
- Advise and recommend to the Children Home’s administration on preventive hygiene measures and standard practices.
- Prepare and submit a quarterly budget for the home’s nursing centre.
- Take charge and full responsibility for the nursing centre operations and equipment.
- Ensure the children home’s key personnel have the prerequisite basic first aid skills.
- Liaise with the appointed doctor, hospital and any other medical service providers.
- Refer accidents or illness appropriately to the doctor or hospitals.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the management
- Diploma in Nursing or holder of a Ministry of Health Certificate.
- Should be registered as a community health nurse (KRCHN)
- First Aid training will be an added advantage.
- Be registered and licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Conversant with Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Have a wide experience in working with children, and especially small babies
- Have a good knowledge of current, up-to-date knowledge of worldwide medical and healthcare practices.
- Age : Minimum 40yrs
- Strong warm and pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm in cases of emergency.
- Can cope with pressure
- Has passion for children.
- Integrity and courteous.
- Can train, mentor, coach and lead projects/initiatives.
Interested applicants meeting the above criteria can apply on or before 22nd July 2016.
Kindly submit your application, resume and copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.