The job description: The nurse will be responsible for the health, hygiene and wellbeing of the children.
- Assess the patient’s needs for nursing services and treatment.
- Address immediate medical needs for children and advice on further medical treatment.
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date medical records of all the children as regulated by the Ministry of Health.
- Establish procedures for administering first aid in cases of accidents or illness in and out of the school’s premises.
- Monitor and maintain a minimum level of cleanliness and hygiene within the home, particularly in areas such as the kitchen, washrooms and all the common facilities.
- Ensure the children home’s medical supplies are maintained at an optimal level.
- Verify and maintain information relating to patients treatment records.
- Keeping records of drugs and supplies.
- Advise and recommend to the Children Home’s administration on preventive hygiene measures and standard practices.
- Prepare and submit a quarterly budget for the home’s nursing centre.
- Take charge and full responsibility for the nursing centre operations and equipment.
- Ensure the children home’s key personnel have the prerequisite basic first aid skills.
- Liaise with the appointed doctor, hospital and any other medical service providers.
- Refer accidents or illness appropriately to the doctor or hospitals.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the management
- Diploma in Nursing or holder of a Ministry of Health Certificate.
- Should be registered as a community health nurse (KRCHN)
- First Aid training will be an added advantage.
- Be registered and licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Conversant with Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Have a wide experience in working with children, and especially small babies
- Have a good knowledge of current, up-to-date knowledge of worldwide medical and healthcare practices.
- Age : Minimum 40yrs
- Strong warm and pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm in cases of emergency.
- Can cope with pressure
- Has passion for children.
- Integrity and courteous.
- Can train, mentor, coach and lead projects/initiatives.
Interested applicants meeting the above criteria can apply on or before 22nd July 2016.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||