The Youth Education and livelihoods Project is a program of the Norwegian Refugee Council with support from UNHCR, and other agencies and institutions in education.
Youth Education and livelihoods Project is a one-year non-formal education project for refugees and local host population in between 15 – 24 years old, which combines literacy and Numeracy skills, life skills and skills training.
The Project Officer is responsible for follow up of Education activities at Kakuma office.
- Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Mobilize communities and community leaders to participate/support education programme activities and initiatives
- Report all protection related concerns.
- Collect and analyse data as required
- Take part in the strategic planning, scheduling, assessments, monitoring and evaluation of the NRC Education programme
- Participate in project planning & implementation including activity, financial and procurement planning
- Carry out assessments and/or surveys (e.g. needs assessment) relevant to the program
- Participate in development and design of new projects in Kakuma
- Implement new technologies and approaches in NRC Kakuma Education department.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented on time and in line with the set out work plans.
- Participate in tendering and bid analysis for contracts for service delivery and materials.
- Ensure quality in implementation of NRC Education programmes.
- Mainstream, document and integrate sound M&E procedures in all aspects of the project
- Represent NRC at relevant coordination meetings as may be delegated to you.
- Ensure curriculum is fully implemented.
- Ensure Education centres are well managed and running as planned.
- Work with community and leaders to ensure drop outs are brought back to school
- Degree in Education from a reputable institution.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills
- Excellent in computer skills & data analysis
- People management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
Education level: Academy college / University
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Experience of working with Education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context for a minimum of 3 years
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English language
- Duty Station: Kakuma
- 1 year Contract with possibility of extension.
- Salary/Benefits according to NRC general directions.
- Candidate to observe NRC Code of Conduct and working hours for NRC Office in Kakuma
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency relief
- Special field: Education / Training
- Role: Supervisor
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Deadline for application: 10/08/2016