We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to apply their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Dean of Residential Life
Your role will be based at our Nova Ondiri Campus, Kikuyu Township, Kiambu County.
Reports To: Principal
The Nova Way
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm, and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
- Develop and manage a highly engaging and rigorous schedule of student activities outside of the classroom, including sports and clubs;
- Build and manage a strong team focused on student’s non-academic experience and development, including resident teachers, matron(s), and others. Develop a strong system to ensure student activity is monitored and supported at all times;
- Develop and oversee a robust student counselling program to support strong emotional development;
- Run an exceptional sports program for students, including directly coaching sports team(s);
- Oversee strong student discipline and behavior within the residential experience such as evenings and weekends;
- Build a rich spiritual experience for students through leading partnerships with churches and other spiritual partners;
- Develop and execute off-campus activities that will enrich student development, including sports and club competitions and other exchanges with partner schools and organizations;
- Build strong programs for student health and wellness, including health services on and off campus;
- Play a central role in building and sustaining an exceptional student and staff culture as a member of the school’s management team;
- You will be provided with lodging on the campus and will be expected to be present on campus many nights and weekends.
- You love working with teenagers and have previously engaged with teen and youth programmes to help them develop holistically;
- Experience with youth development in various settings such as sports coaching, mentoring/counseling, and/or teaching;
- Previous experience in a boarding school is a plus but not required;
- You are an exceptional with Nova’s culture, bringing energy, positivity and humility to your work and constantly looking to improve yourself;
- You possess a Bachelor of Education degree or a degree in social sciences
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Significant experience in managing people as you will be leading a team
- Proven record of success in high-intensity work environments
- An awareness, understanding, and experience of issues relating to safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of children
If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.