Our client a leader in the Ocean Freight Industry in Mombasa is currently seeking to fill the position of an Imports Coordinator.
The incumbent will be tasked with the core duty to ensure the efficient co-ordination of all imports of personal and household effects forwarded into Kenya by sea and by road.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate clearance and delivery of sea and road consignments for all clients with the (sea/road) port clerk / supervisor
- Obtain regular status updates from Tradex (cars and shipments cleared on a duty paid basis) and ICDE supervisor & maintain an updated status reports on a daily basis in SPOT / IRIS
- Invoice non-account clients and obtain payment prior to delivery.
- Ensure shipments are invoiced and where required, payment is received prior to release
- Organise the team for verification at ICDE once a shipment is cleared
- Organize for transport and a packing team to effect delivery of cleared cargo
- Prepare detailed delivery instructions for the team
- Ensure empty containers are returned immediately to the shipping line and no demurrage is incurred
- Diploma in Customer Care
- 2 years’ experience in Clearing & Forwarding in a busy sea freight environment
- MS Office Proficient
Qualified & interested candidates to share their CVs via email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th July, 2016.
Note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted