Over the years, the company has invested heavily in acquisition and development of strategic Depots, LPG plants and Service Stations in its regions of operation.
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses
Key responsibilities include:-
- Ensure collection of outstanding balances and report on debtor’s status.
- Monitor the credit granting and updating process.
- Monitor open orders in business partners account.
- Prepare and circulate daily cash status report.
- Conduct credit analysis and rating of customers.
- Validate customers’ statements.
- Update approved product prices in the system promptly.
- Maintain the corporate credit policy.
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management.
- Create a credit scoring model.
- Manage customer credit files.
- Accept or reject the staff’s credit recommendations.
- Personally investigate the largest customer credit applications.
- Personally visit the largest customers to establish relations.
- Manage the corporate financing program. Liaise with external auditors during their audits to achieve audit objectives.
- University Degree in a Business-Related field;
- Professional qualification in Finance/Accounting (CPA-K or ACCA)
- ERP and IT proficiency- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages Experience in SAP ERP system desirable
- At least 5 years’ experience, three of which as Credit Manager in a large organization (Annual turnover of USD 100 million and above);
- Ability to meet and critical deadlines.
- Good knowledge of regional tax laws and have excellent negotiation skills,
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills as well as being a Team player and capable of working under pressure
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.