Our consulting work is challenging, takes us to difficult places, and has direct impact. In the past two years, Ona has successfully delivered projects in over 12 countries.
We are seeking a Director of Client Solutions to help operationalize and manage the delivery of software and data solutions to our clients and partners.
- Assist in development and formalization of project management systems and practices related to the delivery of software and data solutions to clients.
- Track and manage use of resources to ensure the successful delivery of projects on budget while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Day-to-day supervision and mentorship to project managers and engineer leads to ensure they understand, adopt, and benefit from new management systems.
- Be the high level point of contact with clients as necessary, providing support to the project delivery team.
- Work with with operations manager to reduce risk by ensuring routine invoicing and managing cost overruns with change-orders.
- Work closely with the platform and support team to translate client requirements for consideration into the platform roadmap. This requires developing a deep understanding of Ona’s platform offerings and how they can create value for clients.
- Assist in meeting with new clients and explain Ona’s offerings. This requires an ability to quickly translate requirements into a formalized proposal and budget.
- With the sales and marketing teams, ensure customer success by helping existing clients continually benefit from Ona’s services.
- With the leadership and marketing teams, develop a software and data solutions strategy for the Kenyan market.
- As part of the company’s leadership team, develop and implement the company strategy. This includes opportunities to pursue new business or market opportunities.
- Work with the Kenya director and operations manager to develop and review the financial pipeline and company revenue projections.
- Play an active role in the day-to-day leadership of the Kenya team. This includes mentoring junior colleagues, helping communicate company vision, voting on strategic decisions, and strengthening company culture.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, Accounting/Finance or International Development.
- MBA or Masters International Development, Engineering or a professional degree i.e. CPA a strong plus.
- 10+ years of work experience in a related field. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of formal consulting experience gained working in a technology, design or consulting firm.
- The ideal candidate with have a strong tech background and well versed in software development and delivery. Candidates, however, with exceptional management experience and a keen interest to learn technology will be considered.
- Someone with strong analytical and strategic skills. Person should be very good in Excel and comfortable doing basic financial costing and modeling.
- Someone with past experience working in humanitarian and development projects is a strong plus but not required.
- A great communicator and listener. Being comfortable with and enjoying working across different cultures (and time zones) is paramount.
- Curious about the world. Willingness and flexibility to occasionally travel is desired.
- Someone who can demonstrate strong experience managing successful projects and building teams. Ability to demonstrate prior use of formal project management systems like PRINCE a plus.
- Someone who is quick, enthusiastic, and has an extremely high level of detail and organization. Flexibility, curiosity, and multi-tasking are key given the ever-evolving nature and complexity of our work.
- Someone of high integrity who shares our values and and wants to create meaningful impact.
- Someone excited to work in, or with past experience working in, a fast-paced startup environment.
- Note describing why you are interested in working at Ona
- List of references (required if selected for an interview)