Our client, a group of companies in import / export business, transport and security seeks suitable candidates for the position of Operations Manager
Overall Purpose of the job: Will be responsible achieving the organization’s financial and non-financial objectives, providing leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff toward the achievement of the organization’s mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives, Ensure the company grows its revenues and is profitable as well as execute and develop annual plans, including evaluation and reporting of progress on plans
Key responsibilities and tasks
Business Growth responsibilities
- The overall in-charge of the day to day running of the company and its growth.
- This entails growing Sales and Lettings and Property Management
- Work alongside the Directors to review and implement the company’s strategic plan
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
- Train the sales and marketing staff on all business development aspects
- Work as a team with the sales and marketing executives to generate revenue
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activities and results every week for discussion with top management
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver within agreed budget
- Liaise with media and advertising to create company visibility to the target market
- Make sales presentations to corporate, individuals and institutions
- Maintain good client relationships through deliberate search for customer feedback
- Attend contractual meetings with client and with other relevant authorities as required
- This shall involve personal sales and lettings from time to time
- Develop and implement clear office systems, procedures, and policies to ensure efficiency and objectivity
- Oversee and monitor the assets and internal control systems and consult with management on the adequacy and/or need for reviewing the existing policies and systems.
- Oversee the preparation and review of annual company budgets and quarterly forecasts preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Provides adequate written communication to keep all company employees and stakeholders appropriately informed
- Oversee the purchasing of all office supplies, computers and equipment upon approval by directors of the company.
- Managing the entire staff and being responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination, and evaluation of staff members within the organization
- Developing and/or implementing programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with corporate policies and applicable Kenyan laws.
- Related responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Key requirements and skills
- A graduate from recognized university with a degree in business related fields.
- An MBA is an added advantage
- Over 5 years’ proven work experience in senior management positions with notable business achievements is desired.
- Experience in a business environment is mandatory Experience in all the areas of Management including Business development, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources, Budgeting/forecasting.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Effective problem – solving and mediation skills
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software
How to Apply
If you are satisfied that you possess the required qualifications, send your application letter and CV indicating your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th July 2016.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||