Role Purpose: Responsible for the total life cycle of the Products. Responsible to deliver high quality, and cost-effective implementation of MFS product and promotions initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Product and commercial teams to define the strategic product roadmap.
- Local research and development aimed at improving current products or developing new ones to satisfy consumer demand and substantially contribute to MFS revenues and profitability growth.
- The product manager will need to develop business cases for all new products and services and track the performance of the deployed products and services against their business cases.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to review and use consumer insights to aid the ideation process
- Develop pre-launch quality check procedures.
- Project management of the development and deployment of new product and services.
- Supply all documents and material to the Training and Testing Manager to ensure that training material can be produced and disseminated to all channels.
- To establish revenue assurance as integrated function within Orange Money products and services
- Work with the Training and testing manager to develop adequate training plan with KPls for product portfolio roadmap
- Work with the Training and testing manager to design manuals and training support materials (Call center , Agent network, etc)
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Responsible for providing the marketing and agency teams with the necessary technical and functional descirption to enable them to sell and communicate the product and promotions.
- Responsible for providing the IT team and wallet system provider team with the necessary technical and functional description to enable them to developpe and implement the product and promotions.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions.
- Responsible for preparing forecasts and business cases for each current product and new product in collaboration with the marketing team
- Establish KPIs, conduct monthly performance evaluations of products and monitor product and service uptake.
- Maintain strong ties and consistent communication with Marketing and Technical teams to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines
- Relevant University Degree, commercial focus preferred
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a managerial or specialist role within a Telecommunications or Financial Services environment, relevant experience in product role, i.e. product development, processes and support.
- Project Management – experience with management of large projects achieving deadlines
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Solid understanding of market, competitors, & customer
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities and define and implement these opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Strong leadership skills
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing.
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
Application should be sent by latest 22nd July 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.