Role Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Product Management – Mobile Financial Services (MFS), and overseeing the Product Specialist Team, the role will be responsible for managing the implementation of the product and service roadmap, as well as daily MFS operations and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Product and commercial teams to define the strategic product roadmap.
- Manage the implementation and development of consumer and business products and services for the MFS division, working with all technical and commercial teams to launch approved products and services.
- Manage the implementation of approved change requests pertaining to Mobile Money tariffs, business rules, and improvements to technical /service functionality, working with all technical and commercial teams.
- Monitor the customer experience for consumer, corporate and distribution users of the MFS systems including testing of changes, training of customer facing teams, and 2nd line support for distribution and corporate customers.
- Perform MFS product operations and processes, including reconciliation with 3rd parties, daily monitoring and reporting on operational indicators and performing operational reports to support finance, sales, distribution and customer service teams.
- Support the Legal and Regulatory Division, implement Anti Money Laundering (AML) and compliance controls and monitoring, data clean up and sanitisation, reconciliations, audit and fraud management and Central Bank Reporting and oversight support.
- Undertake leadership of the Product & Operations Team and manage execution of section objectives.
- Establish staff KPIs, conduct monthly performance evaluations and plan staff training and skills improvement.
- Maintain strong ties and consistent communication with Marketing and Technical teams to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines
- Relevant University Degree, commercial focus preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a managerial or specialist role within a Telecommunications or Financial Services environment, relevant experience in product operation role, i.e. product development processes and support.
- Project Management – experience with management of large project teams achieving deadlines
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Solid understanding of market, competitors, & customer
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities and define and implement these opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Strong leadership skills
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing.
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
Application should be sent by latest 22nd July 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.