Role Purpose: Reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager, the AML Officer – MFS will manage all processes pertaining to the monitoring and prevention of anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF), as well as ensure the MFS division remains compliant with any and all applicable regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and implement AML & CTF compliance monitoring framework.
- Prepare and submit AML & CTF compliance status reports as required and on a regular basis.
- Coordinating regulatory inspection and examinations while assisting in managing, driving and supporting the initiative of AML framework.
- Maintain and analysis AML and KYC compliance risk data collection with recommendation to mitigate exposure.
- Implement a comprehensive review process of sample transactions and any activities within Orange Money to identify suspicious transactions and activity systems.
- Design management and regulatory reports highlighting suspicious transactions and activities identified from review of sample transactions
- Report incidents under anti-money laundering legislation to the Risk & Compliance Manager.
- Lead in the investigation and report finding to the Risk & Compliance Manager.
- Coordinate AML compliance projects with other departments so as to ensure alignment and that issues are regularly discussed
- Identification of weakness in the system and improvement opportunities
- Clearance of money laundering threats and fraud against the Company
- Manage sanction and PEP screening
- Develop and maintain AML training program across operational functions
- Identify and assess the compliance risk associated with the company’s current and future business activities including new products and services and new business relationships
- Carry-out research strategies as required in relation to fraud threats, risk and safety.
- Degree in Business Information Systems, finance other relevant field (or equivalent).
- ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering.
- At least 5 years proven experience of which 4 years should be in AML and/or compliance in a financial institution or similar organizations;
- Compliance Analyst and Risk Assessment Certification is an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge of money laundering techniques, legislation and regulations.
- Analytical thinker with strong data analysis skills
- Knowledge in the telecommunications area is advantageous, but not essential.
- Knowledge of techniques to identify terrorist financing indicators.
- Ms. Excel – Expert
- High level of personal integrity
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
Application should be sent by latest 22nd July 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.