Role Purpose: Reporting to the CFO with strong ties to the MFS Business Unit, the Finance Manager – MFS will be the finance expert on Internal controls related to MFS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- monthly management reports
- monthly statutory accounts
- monthly financial schedules, including (amongst other things):
- Revenues & Financial Performance
- Commissions paid and received
- Aged analysis of deposits
- Cash balances movement
- Agent Deposits
- Provision for Expenses, etc.
- Daily MFS and bank reconciliations
- Ensuring that the cash held within the MFS bank account is accurately reflected within the MFS system
- transferring and allocation of agent float and performing agent Electronic Funds Transfer (EFTs), float reconciliation
- Payout of commissions and Processing internal business and MFS biller payments
- Degree in commerce or accounting
- 5 years’ experience in finance role
- Qualified Accountant CPA (K)
- Experience in a bank and cash/treasury environment will be an advantage
- Experience in the mobile telecommunications sector would be considered a valuable asset
- Strong knowledge of accounting/finance
- Problem solving and analysis ability
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Time Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at a time
- Facilitation skills
- Knowledge of accounting
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
Application should be sent by latest 22nd July 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.