Role Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and with strong ties to the MFS Business Unit, the Risk and Compliance Manager – MFS is responsible for setting, implementing and monitoring the company direction, policies, and procedures for risk management and compliance with regards to Applicable Financial Institution Laws and Regulations, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Laws and Regulations, and Business Risk / Controls matrix management pertaining to MFS
- Effectively identify applicable Kenyan laws and regulations related to MFS Institutions (including but not limited to Financial Laws) and ensure MFS division is compliant where applicable;
- Oversee and manage Money Laundering & Reporting as they pertain to the AML Laws and Regulations of Kenya and company policies
- Fulfil ethics and compliance obligations in terms of Company and Country Policy and Procedures for Ethics, Privacy and Anti-Corruption, Money Laundering and Terrorism (CMT)
- Coordinate internal audit reviews and Central Bank inspections;
- Define and maintain the strategic and tactical business risk/controls matrix for MFS and provide regular updates to Management
- Oversee the Fraud & Revenue Assurance function ensuring appropriate controls and process are defined and maintained
- Ensure all documentation relating to the above responsibilities is available for both internal and Central Bank purposes
- Maintain excellent relationships with Central Bank and other Financial Institutions Compliance and Risk departments.
- University Degree or equivalent qualification in Finance
- ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, Accountant (CPA) K or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) would be an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Compliance and Risk related activities, preferably in a Financial Institution in Kenya
- Experience in AML policies and procedures, and compliance with the laws and regulations in Kenya
- Experience of risk evaluation, internal controls implementation, compliance review processes and Fraud & RA
- Advanced proficiency in MS OFFICE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Relationship building and Interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical abilities, business awareness and mobile money product knowledge;
- Strong Negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of financial analysis and interpretation advantageous
- Knowledge of AML international best practice and laws.
- Strong Risk / Control focus and ability to apply laws, regulations and policies appropriately to meet both the compliance obligations and business objectives;
- Working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage a team, and support staff (Team player).
- Result and deadline driven, with problem solving mindset
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
Application should be sent by latest 22nd July 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.