Role Profile: Outreach Team Nurses
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for the Outreach Team Nurses position for one of our clients.
The main role is to offer free, efficient and high quality sexual reproductive health counselling and related services that are inclusive of all needs.
Location: Malindi, Busia, Nairobi, Machakos
Key Result Areas
1. The excellent planning and running of the Outreach Team services to agreed clinical quality standards, inclusive and responsive to difference on the basis of gender, age and people with disabilities
- To provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services.
- To ensure that all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
- To conduct weekly checking of essential equipment, promptly inform the Team Leader of their current status, and following up repairs or maintenance as required.
- To maintain the highest possible standard of client care by providing quality care to all clients.
2. The efficient delivery of services reaching under-served communities for high impact
- Regular efficient and well received services to the target group
- Integration and interface with other channels for complementary delivery
- Clear engagement of community leaders
3. A continuous and well planned service where resources are managed prudently, stocks are maintained at efficient levels and onward growth is enabled
- To ensure sufficient supplies are available to provide services without disruption and that stock is dispensed and counted accurately; stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (ie expired stock) and stock outs are minimised.
- To comply with all financial standing operating procedures including accurate and timely management of advances and surrenders required for outreach provision.
4. Data collection that enables contract obligations to be met, improvements to be made and successes to be shared
- Data for donor reports collected routinely.
- Special stories prepared and shared for learning and publicity.
- Proper record keeping of clients’ data and consent forms.
5. Defining and realizing opportunities for sustainability beyond the period of funded work
- Close networking with a range of local stakeholders to embed good practice.
- Promotion of centers, MDs and Social Franchise outlets for long term sustainability.
- Mentoring of MOH providers.
6. The excellent management of the Outreach team to ensure that they perform at the top of their ability and are fully skilled for their tasks
- Using the team plans and team skills agree individual objectives and follow performance.
- Regular one-to-one and group meetings.
- Ensure good time keeping is maintained by the team members.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing; and
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN) or Kenya Registered Clinical Officer .
- Proven experience in healthcare field;
- Demonstrated numeracy and basic accounting skills;
- Customer focussed service delivery skills;
- Family Planning counselling skills;
- IT literacy confident using MS Office; and
- Excellent people skills and drive to succeed.
How to Apply – Read Carefully
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 21st July 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking “Center Nurse” on the subject line.
Please indicate which station you are applying for e.g. “Outreach Nurse – Machakos.”
Failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted