Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Plant Operator (Wheel Loader) position for one of our clients.
Key Result Areas
- Operating equipment of different ratings as authorized; routine checks and maintenance of the machine(s);
- Liaising with the Projects Manager for repairs and maintenance of the machine;
- Preparing monthly and weekly service schedules and ensuring they are followed;
- Working in accordance to the Company’s health and safety, environmental and other standards as they apply to the process;
- To ensure timely service delivery, maintain and enhance customer relations, and ensuring administrative compliance, safety and efficiency;
- To operate the machine safely and in adherence to standard operating procedures;
- Inspects shovel loaders for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions; and
- Perform routine maintenance work such as cleaning and lubricating of shovel loaders.
- At least three (3) years Plant Operation experience;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade ‘D’ plain and above.
- National Youth Service (NYS) trained;
- Have passed the Suitability Test for Plant Operators Grade III;
- Possess a valid driving license free from current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate;
- Be able to operate at least two (2) Plants of ‘difficult rating’ C; and
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
- A responsible and mature attitude to work;
- The ability to work quickly and safely especially during busy periods;
- The ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights;
- The ability to follow written instructions and keep records;
- An awareness of health & safety;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- Self-discipline/ability to work independently; and
- Ability to prioritize work load.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 11th July 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking “Plant Operator” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted