The Organisation: Population Services Kenya (PSK) is a local NGO working in the health sector with a mission to improve the lives of Kenyans.
PS Kenya’s management team drives some of the most innovative programs in the PSI world. This is a team that you want to join!
The Job: Your primary deliverable will be a well-defined and effectively executed communication agenda for PS Kenya!
- Design and implement a communication/PR strategy
- Work with senior management to develop key messages and identify opportunities for telling our story
- Plan and write press releases and other outward facing communications, conduct proactive traditional, social media outreaches and coordinate responses
- Establish and create strong relationships with media and monitor media to ensure all key stakeholders are aware of coverage and news cycles and coordinate responses as required
- Support and advise management in handling sensitive communication matters including inquiries from the press, interest groups, and members of the public
- Work with direct reports to achieve the stated communications objectives and manage their roles and responsibilities towards overarching strategic goals
- Lead select program visits with key partners, meeting program/technical team objectives and positioning PS Kenya appropriately to an external audience
- Take a lead in the design and production of external newsletter, websites and other external facing communication tools
- Ensure that all communication channels for the organization are up to date and in sync with the organization priorities and programs
- Represent PS Kenya at various public speaking and community engagements, as needed
- Develop and execute departmental strategic plans and internal education initiatives for the department
- Provide strategic direction for blog, social media and related content
- A seasoned leader, with experience at strategy level, who easily engages peers, supervisors and subordinates, has a results focus and is open to new ideas. In addition you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ yrs experience in marketing, PR, project management, partnership and business development and/or corporate social responsibility
- Proven excellence in writing, speaking and technical capabilities demonstrated by examples of your work
- Well-organized, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with self-motivation and initiative.
- People management experience including managing performance, mentoring and coaching, motivation and discipline.
- Agency and/or Journalism experience is preferred but not essential
Your application, including a cover letter highlighting the experience that is relevant to this role, a detailed CV, three samples of your publications (links are acceptable), details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees, should be sent to:
Closing date: 22nd July 2016