The Role: As an RT, you will need good practical skills, the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices.
- Refrigeration – designing, installing and maintaining cooling systems in the restaurants and food processing plants and factories
- Air-conditioning – installing and servicing the systems that control air quality, temperature and humidity inside the food outlets offices and factory buildings.
The duties could include:
- Surveying buildings where cooling systems are to be fitted
- Discussing requirements with customers
- Producing quotes for work
- Designing and installing systems
- Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely diagnosing and fixing faults
- Carrying out planned maintenance.
- Good practical skills
- The ability to follow technical drawings, building plans and other instructions
- A careful and methodical approach to work
- The ability to make accurate measurements
- A head for heights and be prepared to work in all sorts of weather
- A willingness to work in confined spaces
- A presentable and pleasant manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good teamworking skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- A willingness to adapt to change
- Good problem-solving skills.
- At least a Diploma in Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems.
- 4 years experience in the hospitality industry or related environment
Apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.