We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children and urban refugees.
Title: Social Worker
The primary responsibility of the Social Worker is to provide social work support to urban refugees towards stabilizing them and promoting their self sufficiency.
The core responsibilities of this position:
- Identify vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers in Nairobi as potential new clients, conduct intake assessment and refer for services when appropriate.
- Conduct case plan reviews and assessments for existing clients and work closely with them to graduate from direct assistance to self reliance.
- Make recommendations to child protection, medical, livelihoods and counseling units to ensure that clients receive support in a timely manner.
- Conduct individual case management for clients in close coordination with other units. This includes conducting home visits and regularly meeting with clients to promote their stabilization.
- Facilitate in workshops and support groups as part of social work assistance for refugee communities.
- Link clients to community resources, government agencies and other partners when appropriate.
- Attend to other program duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in regular inter-unit coordination meetings to discuss provision of services to clients.
- Represent RefugePoint in different forums as assigned.
- Update the database with basic case information, dated case notes on activities and referrals, assessments and recommendations on urban action page, and comprehensively complete necessary forms.
- Update client files with session notes to depict social work-specific interventions.
- Provide a monthly report on core tasks to the supervisor.
- University degree in social work or related field required.
- At least two years’ work experience in a social work position required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience assisting refugees and asylum seekers in an urban environment strongly preferred.
- Commitment to rights based, empowerment based approach.
- Excellent computer skills.
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: 25th July 2016