Purpose of job: The Procurement Manager role is key and holds overall responsibility for managing procurement for all teams (local and regional) based in Kenya and handles the larger East Africa.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (including people management).
- Suppliers/vendors: Supplier approval process through the application of a thorough qualification process Procurement strategy:
- Leads the sourcing process and design specific tendering strategy in line with Company Procedure including tendering, negotiating and awarding the contracts;
- Managing the supplier and stakeholder relationships; developing the evaluating criteria and evaluating the bidder responses; running bidder clarification workshops, managing the contractual process to award of contract and change;
- Developing supplier risk plans and liaising with other colleagues as appropriate
- Ensures best practice frameworks are in place to deliver value for money, and be able to identify and secure savings for the organization across a number of areas of expenditure
- Monitor compliance with corporate procurement policies and standards, code of conduct, operating guidelines and local regulations.
- Ensure buy-in from all colleagues to facilitate compliance management through the use of regular and management information reporting
- Supports teams with the planning of expenditure,.
- Advice and guidance to the operational teams throughout the procurement lifecycle
- A relevant degree level qualification (Finance and/or Business and/or Management).
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)/other relevant professional accreditation.