Our client a leader in Secondary Power Distribution solutions, specialising in high-performance medium voltage switchgear for utility, industrial and commercial applications and enable the safe and reliable distribution of energy to homes and businesses worldwide is looking to recruit a Regional Sales Manager – Eastern Africa for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate MUST have detailed knowledge of both low voltage and medium voltage switchgear products and automation systems.
- Create and follow dedicated and focused plans for existing, and emerging/new customers and sectors.
- Provide input to and then work to annual sales budgets.
- Work closely with utility engineers and specifiers to ensure that their specifications ‘fit’ with clients’ products.
- Spend time with operators and installers to ensure they fully understand the client’s products.
- Carry out either formal or informal training sessions as necessary.
- Preparation of tenders with the assistance of the product specialists and tendering resource.
- Preparation of monthly sales forecasts and reports.
- Gain appropriate Client approvals or specification for projects.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgetary pricing information, proposals, quotations or tenders.
- Implement special projects from time to time as requested by the general manager – sales.
- Must have electrical or mechanical engineering degree / HND.
- Must have 10 years of extensive and proven engineering sales experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of contract law and terms and conditions.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and close orders leading to profitable business.
- Detailed knowledge of both low voltage and medium voltage switchgear products and automation systems.
- Must have previous experience of selling to the African markets and managing distributor arrangements in the electrical sector.
- Computer literate with excellent command of MS Office.
- Excellent understanding of the key business issues in end user.
- Ability to demonstrate competent negotiation skills and dynamic presentation skills.
- Forms effective relationships with key stakeholders across the matrix.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 500,000 – 600,000/= (Approx. 5,000 – 6,000 USD) depending on experience
Deadline: 15th August 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.