Research Agronomy Superintendent
Reporting to Research & Development Manager will be responsible for: –
- Identifying agronomical factors that affect pineapple growth and prepare relevant experiment protocols.
- Managing all aspects of such experiments and final report writing.
- Conducting all trials in a professional manner and ensuring that all objectives are met.
- Developing field / crop monitoring techniques for soil fertility, plant nutrition, water requirement, plant growth, fruit development and fruit quality.
- Accurately interpreting the leaf tissue and soil analysis results and making necessary recommendations.
- Developing and improving agronomic packages and standard operating procedures required for optimum pineapple production.
- Promoting sustainable agriculture and good agriculture practices in all company’s agronomic operations.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements: –
- Aged 30 – 45 years.
- Masters of Science (M.Sc) degree in Agronomy/Soil Science or related field from a reputable University. A PhD or international postgraduate training or exposure will be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years hands experience in plantation agronomy (fruit crops or sugarcane).
- Demonstrated experience working in soil management, plant nutrition, water requirement/irrigation and a solid understanding of soil-plant-water-nutrient interactions.
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Good initiative and self-motivation with strong work ethics.
- Clean driving license.
Email CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13th July 2016.
Indicate current and expected salary.
Email subject should be RESEARCH AGRONOMY SUPERINTENDENT