Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy. In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
Sales Manager – General Business
Reporting to the General Manager Commercial Services the Sales Manager’s overall purpose will be responsible and accountable for the General Business revenue generation through defined distribution channels to ensure the business achieves overall growth strategy in terms of numbers and profitable revenue.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Business Development / Sales
- Identify and qualify GB opportunities to develop new business, create target market segments, forecast projected business and create team targets for business acquisition in line with corporate objectives.
- Win customers by identifying their needs or business challenges, matching them to RILs products and services and presenting the value of solutions proposed.
- Understand customers’ commercial drivers and leverage them in negotiations to successfully close sales that maintain a healthy profit margin for the organization.
- Develop GB proposals in response to requests for proposals and tenders.
- Identify gaps in client’s insurance portfolio and report the same to the various account managers/unit managers as opportunities to up-selling and cross-selling and monitor the conversion rate of opportunities identified.
- Manage client risk by maintaining a balanced client portfolio that does not leave the organization exposed to concentration risk in any client segment.(Product mix of Motor/ Non Motor should be 30/70)
- Manage the smooth on-boarding of new customers to create an enhanced customer experience.
- Develop motivating sales incentives to ensure both internal and external distributor’s performance is enhanced.
- Actively engage and contribute to the development and review of the GB sales strategy, policy and approach within the organisation.
- Execute sustainable, cost effective, impactful sales models for the various products, channels and counties.
3. Building Sales Capability
- Ensure the GB sales teams attain high level of proficiency and proper understanding of sales procedures, product and channel knowledge through regular trainings updates via various channels.
- Execute the training program and facilitate part of the program as appropriate.
- Develop and execute, with the human resource team and the product partners, a sales knowledge assessment tool to ascertain the level of sales knowledge and capability of sales employees in the organisation.
- Develop certification for sales capability certification for various levels of sales skills.
4. People Management
- Manage the day-to-day growth, development, deployment and engagement of the team.
- Recruit, orientate, communicate job expectations, coach, and manage direct reports.
- Monitor the performance of all team members and give on-going feedback to ensure high performance is maintained.
- Facilitate training sessions to build skill and capacity in the operations division.
- Update personal job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional and industry events, meetings and forums.
5. Finance, Budgets and Forecasts
- Forecast and achieve annual GB revenue and expenditure targets in line with the strategic plan.
- With the various direct reports develop departmental budgets, schedule expenditure, analyse variances and take corrective actions to address variances.
- Prepare, analyse and present various reports covering GB sales including key metrics on revenue and profit margins per product, geography, customer segment; customer retention, cross sell & share of wallet; product mix, cost of sales customer satisfactions, adherence to SLAs, promotions and sales initiatives; trends and performance; etc..
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- ACII certification or its equivalent
- 5 years relevant experience preferably in the insurance industry
- Excellent Negotiation and presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and business development acumen
- Computer proficiency
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business of Thursday 25th July 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||