Vacancy: Marketing Executive
Our client owns a 12 room Safari Lodge on the edge of Nairobi National Park.
They are looking for a Marketing Executive who will assist in marketing the lodge and increase among others corporate event bookings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation and management of marketing campaigns to enhance product awareness
- Set goals and targets for the marketing campaigns
- Implement and manage all social media, online, and print marketing campaigns
- Create and publicise all specials and promotions for the lodge
- Maintain updated content on websites.
- Responsible for company’s presence at travel fairs
- Developing new business and grow existing clients from all markets
- Plan and implement all local and international marketing activity
- Responsible for increases in reservations
- Responsible for high profile branding of the products
- Managing relationships with local and overseas tour operators
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contracts to maximise revenue
- Host tour operators on fam trips at the lodge
- A natural marketing person, extrovert who enjoys socialising
- Widely networked within local(and ideally international) tourism industry
- A team player that can lead a team
- A go getter with prior marketing experience in the tourism industry
- Well-presented individual with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organised individual
Qualifications and Skills
- Good selling and negotiation skills
- Strong web and computer skills
- Conversant with various tourism social media tools e.g. Expedia, booking.com etc
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- A degree in Sales and Marketing, Tourism/Hospitality from a recognised institution preferred.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted