Position Code: EXEC GA/2016
Team: Global Assurance
Child Safeguarding: Level 1: the role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Director of Global Assurance.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Manage all travel booking arrangements for the DGA and their respective teams, including other related requirements such as visas, hotel accommodation and foreign currency.
- Provide an effective diary management service to the DGA. Assist the DGA to effectively set up and run meetings
- Take minutes of all GA meetings (and additional meetings as required by the DGA); ensure timely circulation and completion of action points.
- Maintain an up to date leave forecast / record for the GA team members
- Maintain a workflow tracking document / tool on the different GA projects / initiatives etc.
- Plan for and coordinate GA team away weeks including logistical planning, venue sourcing and administrative support prior to and during the away week
- Process and monitor the payment of all invoices relating to GA activities;
- Undertake an initial review of GA’s monthly expenditure and investigate the root cause of any unexpected transactions or variances.
- Support the DGA by providing a typing, copying and printing etc service.
- Prepare expense claims for the DGA.
- Be trained in and manage the Global Assurance audit recommendations software (MKinsights), working closely with the system administrator. Once fully trained, run regular reports on recommendation implementation, as directed by the DGA; and liaise with Country and Regional Offices with regards to implementation deadlines.
- Maintain filing and correspondence as necessary
- Develop strong, positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders on behalf of Global Assurance.
- Carry out any other duties either in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, in order to assist the senior managers in meeting their responsibilities and working most effectively.
- holds oneself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Experience of dealing with complex diary and international travel arrangements
- A first degree in business administration/equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple requests
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment
- Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail
- Pro-active, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to cope with varying workloads and interruptions and to organize activities to provide efficient services
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and other Global Policies
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
- Willing to be trained in MKinsights (GA’s audit software) and manage the data around implementation of recommendation, under guidance from the software administrator. An ability to collaboratively and effectively communicate with senior management is essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English, with an eye for detail
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organisation.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- Strong team player
- Self- motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Whilst not expected to understand all the technical detail of the senior managers’ roles and responsibilities, it is anticipated that the incumbent will have a good appreciation of what is involved
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
Equal Opportunities: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
To apply for this position visit the SCI Kenya Website: https://kenya.savethechildren.net/jobs.