Securex Health and Safety Officer
Is This You?
1. Do you like your things being in a certain order?
2. Do you do puzzles?
3. Do you like reading?
4. Is your smile contagious?
5. Do you watch the news?
6. Are you conscious about what you eat and your health in general?
7. Do you love learning new things?
8. Does your appearance and grooming matter to you?
9. Do you love events and outdoor activities?
10. Do you dream big?
If your answer to 80% of the questions above is yes, we are looking for you.
At Securex we are big on attitude.
We are looking for thorough and detailed individuals who can ensure we work in a safe environment.
It is not about setting rules for people to follow, but rather sensitizing individuals to work safely on their own volition.
The Roles & Responsibilities
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Undertaking risk assessments and site audits
- Conducting mandatory site inspections such as radiation, electrical, water, sound, air-quality
- Ensuring all fire equipment are inspected quarterly and are in working condition
- Ensure all building licences are updated
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Vetting contractors on site and ensuring they sign permits to work and leave all work on the Securex site in good condition
- A contact person for all complaints in regards to the facility e.g. faulty equipment
- Identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Compiling statistics
- Drawing-up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
- Making presentations to groups of employees/managers
- Providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
Required qualifications / experience
- Degree in a public health or environment related discipline
- On Job Experience / trade apprenticeships as a value add
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, passport size photo and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating on the email heading: ‘Application for the role of Health and Safety Officer’.
Application deadline is COB 22nd July 2016
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.