Securex ICT Officer
Is This You?
1. Do you like getting your hands dirty, when it comes to work?
2. Does it bug when you do not know how something you are using works?
3. Are you fascinated with new technology?
4. Is your smile contagious?
5. Are you good at finding the shortest route?
6. Do you lose sleep when you leave a task unfinished?
7. Do you love learning new things?
8. Despite biting your nails at times does your appearance and grooming still matter to you?
9. Do you love events and outdoor activities?
10. Do you dream big?
If your answer to 80% of the questions above is yes, we are looking for you.
At Securex we are big on attitude. We are looking for thorough and detailed individuals who can ensure our ICT systems run at optimal performance.
It is not about fixing equipment, but ensuring support for the team at large to achieve the family goals.
The Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with senior management, appropriate staff and managers on implementing the organizations’ ICT strategy and annual operational plan, ensuring synergy with organizational strategy and direction, being the lead on communicating and implementing both
- Lead on developing, communicating and implementing organizational ICT policies and procedures in accordance with the ICT strategy, organizational direction, ICT legislation and best practice
- Keep abreast of technology trends and discern which offer solid, appropriate, cost-effective ICT solutions to the organization
- Develop department in to a profit centre with a view to generate revenue from external sources
- Ensure the efficient, secure and effective operation and performance of the organizations’ network in the head office and all clients where technically possible
- Ensure that an adequate plan for disaster recovery and carrying out back-ups of the organizations’ data is maintained and has been effectively implemented
- Provide MS Office, ERP and other internal IT and external system support
- Provide inductions to all new staff on the computer systems of the organization relevant to their role, including the use of all relevant software packages.
- Provide inductions to relevant staff as and when new software/hardware that is introduced
- Provide organization-wide ICT systems, tools, training and support, including a centralized ICT Helpdesk service to all the organizations’ units with adequate connectivity and ICT back-up on the ground;
- Write and maintain guidance notes for users, both in response to requests and in anticipation of future needs.
- General administration and ICT support:
- Ensure site documentation for each office is maintained and updated
- Ensure a centralised Helpdesk service is provided to all staff members, where technically possible across various sites
- Degree in a IT related discipline
- On Job Experience /trade apprenticeships as a value add
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, passport size photo and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating on the email heading: ‘Application for the role of ICT officer’.
Application deadline is COB 22nd July 2016
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||