Position Type: Fixed term contract
Job Title: Senior Network Security Engineer
Position will be based (location): Kampala
Reporting to: Network Security Manager
Main Purpose of job
- Provides Level 3 Network Security support in a multi-vendor products environment such as Cisco, Extreme.
- Uses strong troubleshooting skills to addresses incident tickets, and root cause analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills interfacing with customer, manager and peers.
- Participate in problem handling, capacity related issues, and outages via a trouble ticketing system with the ability to work independently and self-directed in a fast paced environment, learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities under direction
Job Specific Requirements & Skills and competencies
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a LAN/WAN network engineer in a global environment and should have well hands-on.
- Person should have expert level knowledge of IT Security, routing and switching protocol and networking devices.
- Should have expert Knowledge in Checkpoint Firewall
- Should be able to propose Network Security solution
- Mandatory to have working knowledge on Firewalls, Cisco Nexus switches, load balancers and proxy devices
- Strong foundation and knowledge of the OSI model.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, Routing protocols, Load balancing concepts
- Advanced network administration and troubleshooting skills and Hands on experience on Cisco Nexus switches & Cisco routers
- Working knowledge and experience ISIS, BGP routing protocols are mandatory.
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Checkpoint Firewall devices, and good understanding on security concepts VPNs, Proxy Services, IPS etc.,
- Working knowledge and experience on F5 Load balancers or at least understanding on load balancer concepts
- Working knowledge and experience on routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF etc.,
- knowledge of IP services (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
- Experience in providing status reports and products to senior management and customers
- Proficient is MS Office suite – Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to work delivery on multiple concurrent projects and tasks with conflicting priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be available, on-call, to rapidly troubleshoot any problems being reported
Educational and Experience Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in IT.
- Mandatory to have CCNP Certified. CCIE will be given higher preference. And any certifications related to Security will be added advantage.
- Degree in Information Technology
- Minimum 7+years of experience as a LAN/WAN network engineer in a global environment
- Strong Administrative, interactive, communication and innovative skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their application at firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected salary.