Job Title: Shift Engineer
Duty Station: Kwale County
A 3500 TCD sugar manufacturing plant located in Kwale with 18 MW Cogen is looking for a highly qualified and suitable candidate for the aforementioned position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: To supervise the plant operation in shifts. Ensure the optimum utilization of plant capacity and manpower.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance work, whilst making sure it is carried out to the highest possible standards across the whole of the site.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory, in both a low care and high care environment
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimized.
- Always endeavor to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team.
- Maintaining tools and equipment, so that they are in a safe working condition as well as making sure that the workshop and plant rooms are safe environments at all times
- Identify any problems with plant equipment and clearly communicates the conditions associated with these problems to the Plant Maintenance Team
2. Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPI’s through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time
3. Health and Safety
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met and that all equipment complies with Company and legal standards.
- Actively participate in the Job Hazard Analysis and ensures every team member complies with all Safety Procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Understands and masters the Plant Emergency Handling Procedures
4. Supervisory Role
- Ensures that the shift has a sufficient number of qualified employees to safely operate the facility
- Monitors the operation and performance of the facility whilst on shift
- Oversees performance and supervises plant personnel performing required daily operations activities
- Directs the activities of Plant Operators as necessary to support the overall plant operation
- Ensures the completeness of shift round checklists, routine daily/weekly/monthly test checklists and equipment change-over checklists
- Provides technical guidance, planning and oversight of equipment design and installations.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering with 3-4 yrs of relevant experience.
- Experience in sugar industry is must.
- Over five years hands on experience as a shift engineer
This challenging position will require a candidate with working knowledge of MS Office and a PPM system, proactive, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, effective communication skills, ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings/manuals and excellent decision making skills.
If you are up to the challenge, meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send your Application letter along with your resume as One Word Document, and a daytime telephone contact to email@example.com
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 9th of July 2016.