Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO )
Position: Gender Development Officer
Program: Gender Program
Reports to: Programs Manager
Working Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Job Scope: The job holder is responsible for quality case management and developing psychosocial support programs and activities to improve social assessments and referral based care to GBV survivors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the successful implementation of all psychosocial activities of the department
- Manage and supervise Gender Caseworkers to ensure the implementation of work plans
- Responsible for the provision of quality case management including referrals and linkage to medical and legal services
- Support training of case workers to respond to cases of GBV throughout Kibera and ensure effective referral for survivors of GBV
- Organize awareness campaigns by liaising with community stakeholders and partners to mitigate on SGBV
- Provide ongoing training and utilizing monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure high quality services are available and utilized
- Provide the technical guidance and leadership required for the successful implementation of all psychosocial activities, including support groups
- Reports progress achieved and provides feedback of cases respecting confidentiality standards on weekly and/or monthly basis using the evaluation of trend analysis to be shared the Community Programs Officer
- Builds and maintains partnerships and collaboration with other GBV partners and relevant stakeholders
- Advovacy, Awareness and Resource mobilization
- Excellent organizational skills, independent, disciplined, with initiative and an ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work;
- Previous experience in Counseling
- Diploma or degree in Gender Development or related field
- 2 years working experience in a similar role
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 27th July 2016.