At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It’s with this in mind that we announce the following vacancy based at Siginon Global Logistics, Mombasa.
Database Administrator & System Analyst
Job Purpose: Reporting to ICT Manager, the job holder will be responsible for maintaining all company databases and Systems to ensure optimum performance by identifying user needs and to support the development of formulated business continuity plans.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Working closely with the Business Analyst to improve the systems performance.
- Monitoring performance and managing system parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database and further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Bill (GOK).
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications/plan.
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly (Backup).
- Provide the reports to meet the organization needs and the BI analysis for management.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Update and keep divisions Inventory and support users.
- Ensure that the data on the DR site is available and correct.
- Provide monthly database reports
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
- Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/BBIT will be an added advantage.
- Data base management certificate will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certification in IT field.
Skills & Competencies
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position or equivalent
- Solid understanding of Servers and Networks.
- Knowledge of SAP Business
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current salary on your application) to reach us on or before Thursday 14th July 2016 by email to: email@example.com