Store / Warehouse Assistant
Stores assistant will be responsible for assisting in receiving, storage, issue and recording of material movements into the factory and in and out of stores.
The position holder will additionally assist as necessary with the maintenance of stock and traceability records within the department.
- Ensuring that procurement procedures and policies are adhered to by the user departments
- Receiving of raw materials and packaging materials from suppliers. This involves ensuring the quantities of delivered items coincide with the purchase order and reporting any discrepancies or quality concerns to the procurement supervisor
- Issuing of raw materials to user departments and recording such transactions.
- Ensuring that strict adherence to FIFO is observed and implemented at all times
- In charge of cleanliness and arrangements of the raw material stores allocated.
- Keeping of updated purchasing records in both the computer database (ERP) and as hard copies
- Keeping record of the goods received.
- Engagement in the end month stocktaking exercise
- Making a weekly report on all the goods received.
- Ensuring raw materials are used properly
- Updating the local Purchase Register and bin cards of assigned stores
- Giving early warning signs to the Procurement Supervisor when stocks reach re-order levels set.
- Processing of documents to Accounts/Finance department.
- Data Entry into the ERP tally system
- Apply experience & share ideas on improving procedures both in procurement and material Control within the company
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the management from time to time
- Certificate/Diploma in Procurement / Purchasing and Supplies management
- Conversant with procurement procedures
Applicants to submit their cover letter on the body of the email and attach their CV stating their qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 27/07/2016