Tana Water Services Board is one of the eight Water Services Boards under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation created under the Water Act 2002 with the mandate of providing economical and efficient Water and Sewerage Services within its area of jurisdiction.
The Board covers the six counties of Murang’a, Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka-Nithi and Meru with its Head Office in Nyeri town.
The Board invites qualified personnel to fill the following vacant position:
Internal Audit and Assurance Manager
Reporting to the Audit & Governance Committee of the Board and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer, the Internal Audit and Assurance Manager coordinates the internal audit division and provides independent objective assurance by reviewing internal control systems and also mandated by the Board to play an oversight and advisory role in the implementation of the Board’s resolutions of internal audit reports.
The specific duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Develop work plans and budgets for the Division for approval
- Oversee the execution of the approved divisional work plans and budgets
- Oversee performance management in the division
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the division
- Prepare a draft board management papers for approval
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff
- Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan
- Identify procurement needs of the division
- Supervise, train, mentor and coach divisional staff
- Participate in various committees in the Institution
- Coordinate implementation of quality management system within the division
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business Administration degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized University
- Professional qualification in Certified Public Accountant CPA (K)
- Must be a current member of ICPAK
- Be familiar with computer based accounting and use of computer aided auditing techniques
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- At least 7 years working experience in audit of which four must be in a managerial position
- A holder of a Masters degree in a Business related field will have an added advantage.
Competences / attributes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
This position is on three (3) years renewable contract upon satisfactory performance.
Those who meet the specified requirements should send their Application Letter in a sealed Envelope Marked with the Title of the position being applied for; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates and National Identity /Passport.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to show proof of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Credit Reference Bureau and Compliance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC).
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 29th of July, 2016 at close of business (5pm).
The Chief Executive Officer
Tana Water Services Board
Baden Powell Road
P. O. Box 1292 – 10100
Nyeri – Kenya
Sealed Hand-Delivered Applications can be dropped at the Registry – Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) MAJI House, Baden Powel Road.
Applicants may alternatively choose to email their Applications to: – email@example.com with the title of the position being applied for as the subject.
NB: Candidates are expected to state their current and expected salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TWSB is an equal opportunity employer and people of all diversities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||