Role Purpose: To
support supply chain in delivery of agreed objectives in line with the
procurement strategy, working with cross functional teams drawn from the
business to develop & manage the Technology Division procurement
category, ensure delivery of quality, service, competitive cost and
incremental savings as desired by the business.
- Develop sourcing policies and procedures for the Technology procurement category, ensure compliance
with Technology Division team to understand their
needs/requirements/projects underway to increase operational sourcing
- Map out clear goals for the Technology Division team and coordinate projects undertaken by the team.
- Manage supplier relationship management to assess and validate current and future suppliers’ capabilities.
and finalizes sourcing agreements/contracts with suppliers in order to
attain assurance of quality, service, competitive costing and innovation
while following due process.
and evaluates supplier contracts performance in collaboration with the
relevant stakeholders to improve supplier relationship management;
maintain current and updated contracts/SLA for suppliers in
- Review supplier’s performance and develop an implementation plan for corrective actions.
- Manage supplier KPI metrics with frequent follow up
- Work with current and future suppliers to develop effective business relations.
- Participate in ISO audits & ensure compliance in sourcing
- Development of savings opportunities and benchmarking of industry standards and practices to identify quick win opportunities.
- Timely process and circulate management reports as required.
Degree in Business/IT or equivalent from a recognized university with
postgraduate qualification in Purchasing & Supply
- 5+ years’ experience in sourcing/procurement or related field;
track record of strategic procurement with at least 2 years’ experience
in technology management within the telecommunication industry
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices on sourcing.
- CPIS will be an added advantage
- Knowledge about market trends, evolution & new services or products related to information technology and networks
- Proven planning and management skills
- Excellent reports writing skills
- Strong communication and excellent negotiation skills
- Project and team management
- Strong Analytical and accounting skills
- High level of accountability and Integrity
- Able to operate in a fast moving high performance driven organization
- Results oriented
- Critical and creative thinking
you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your
qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements
for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 3rd
August 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including
details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Position: Procurement Category Manager
Reporting to: Head of Supply Chain
Role Purpose: To
Key Duties and Responsibilities