Position: Project & Service Delivery Manager
Reporting to: Head of Marketing, Service Delivery & Operations
Department: Carrier Services Division
Role Purpose: He/She will oversee the conceptualization, planning, development and implementation of technical solutions within Carrier Services department.
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for management of all Carrier Service RFIs and other infrastructure projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1.1 Operational (incl. Planning):
- Be the Activation Liaison Officer for the submarine cable capacity
- Be Carrier Services technical liaison person with TEAMS,SEACOM,EASSY and LION2 cable systems and cross connection providers e.g. Etisalat, FT, Djibouti Telecom etc
- Lead, qualify, validate and ensure the appropriate technical sales strategy and activities are agreed to by the sales team and help to drive revenue
- Be the first point of reference for data services provisioning in Carrier Services i.e. managing the relationships with the customers from identifying customer requirement, to design and implementation
- Follow up with ITN teams(ITN PMO,NAD, Switching ,Transmission and Business Solutions) to ensure optimal designing as well as ensure we deliver quality and timely services to our customers
- Keep customers informed of provisioning progress until completion and handover
- Provide adequate business and resource forecasting to the management
- Use technical expertise to manage different projects for Carrier Services department
- Identify project risks and/or issues and implement the necessary actions to manage them and avoid potential delays and scope creep
- Represent Carrier Services in RFF/RFI and Carrier Connect committees
1.2 Reporting and Business analysis:
- Escalate all ways in which Carrier Services my optimize resources on the various solutions and projects
- Prepare weekly/monthly RFF and project status reports
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in engineering, data processing, business management or a related field
- Good knowledge of telecom industry with preferably good understanding of interconnection business
- Good experience of project management
- 2 to3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Professional Knowledge
- A good working knowledge in IT tools
- Good level of understanding in Telecom services
- Financial analysis capability
- Industry product knowledge
- Excellent presentation, reporting and communications skills
- Project Management qualification is desirable
- Team player
- Customer oriented
- Ability to work in transversal organisation to deliver results to the team
- Excellent analytical and specification skills
- Result oriented
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with initiative and autonomy.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 28th July 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.