- Set up and/or refine and maintain a filing system in The Girl Generation Dropbox or other system.
- Collate data, and archive it in retrievable and systematic format
- Ensure systematic data entry, organization of data, validation, verification
- Support in the preparation and dissemination of data/reports in a user-friendly format
- Support in ensuring that data are maintained and stored in a manner that is safe and confidential so that no external individual can manipulate the data
- Make follow ups with staff and MEL Working Groups in focal countries, on data collection and reporting on sub-indicators
- Provide support to data analysis
- Provide technical support to the MEL Working Groups remotely or face to face as necessary
- Participate in the design, testing and roll out of surveys
- Support the development of MEL tools, documents and products, including donor reports and other MEL updates
- Support learning across and beyond the programme
- An interest in MEL
- A Masters degree student in demography, statistics or development studies from a reputable university
- MEL knowledge and experience and capacity in database design, data management, and statistics
- Highly developed skills in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Well-versed in the use of different social media platforms
- Knowledge of data management and visualization software desired
- Basic experience in supporting the planning and implementation of surveys is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Willingness to learn and engage with a committed team
The Girl Generation (www.thegirlgeneration.org) believes that FGM can end in a generation. We harness the power of communication to challenge the social norms which hold FGM in place, providing a global platform for galvanizing, catalysing and amplifying the Africa-led movement to end FGM, building on what has already been achieved.
Benefits: This is a non-salaried position, but a monthly allowance of (KES 15,000) will be paid in arrears. The intern will keep a time sheet and will invoice on a monthly basis.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- The right to live and work in Kenya is required by all candidates
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The Girl Generation
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type: 6 Months Internship
Salary: This is a non-salaried position, but a monthly allowance of (KES 15,000) will be paid in arrears.
Short introduction: To-date, a range of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) documents and tools have been developed for The Girl Generation, including: the logframe, the M&E framework, data collection tools, indicators protocol etc., and quantitative data has been collected.
Further, qualitative data – e.g. case studies of positive stories of change, several reports and quantitative data have been produced over the last 2 years.
To ensure that data is stored and managed systematically, and to provide further assistance with data collection and analysis, The Girl Generation is seeking to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern.
Summary purpose and objective of role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to: