Position: Business Development Manager – Tours & Travel
The Role: The BDM will be field based responsible for implementing a sales strategy to drive revenue and maximum sales with all Tour Operator partners and other special promotional business avenues.
Duties will include;
- Organize and attend client meetings
- Attend regular sales meetings with the Head of Business
- Provide regular updates on the progress of each account
- Suggest/deliver new commercial strategies
- Monitor weekly sales momentum, identify sales gaps within the programme and offer solutions on how to fill them.
- Manage allocated sales support budget (where applicable) and distribute proportionate to the business potential and the accounts needs.
- Build and grow the right team and backup system to ensure continuity of business.
- Manage key personnel and be the key personnel driving implementation of the company’s strategic goals.
- Secure marking activity including (but not limited to) brochure inclusion, website presence, press (nationally & regionally) and mailings.
- Develop and deliver training programmes.
- Collaborate in developing sales strategies and a trade sales business plan.
- Represent the business at conferences, networking events and trade shows.
- Represent the business at selected consumer shows.
- The successful Business Development Manager will be Working towards specific sales targets the position is essentially about developing and identifying new Tour Operator business opportunities, servicing and growing existing key accounts and importantly, relationship building.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Degree / Diploma in a relevant field, with a bias in marketing
- Over 5 years experience as a BDM, with knowledge of the travel industry and operations management.
- The person will have confident presence and the ability to communicate effectively, be customer focused, an excellent communicator and listener, be an influential public speaker and have strong product and industry knowledge.
- S/He will have a proactive approach to their work and have a working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
Apply to email@example.com stating your current and expected salary.