Vacancy: Program Coordinator
Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization (TUPADO) is an NGO founded in 2000 and registered in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board.
The organization implements a range of activities including
- rain water harvesting (transfer of skills on modern farming techniques and dry land farming),
- reproductive health targeting four sub-counties of Turkana County through training of community groups and supporting social events,
- animal health (through training on Community Based Animal Health Care and drug provisions),
- marketing and value addition of hides and skins,
- training on the workings and operation of revolving funds community food, veterinary drugs and rainwater harvesting stores,
- resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs),
- restocking of post raids and drought victims,
- support to disabled persons,
- HIV/AIDS behavior change communication targeting most at risk populations, and
- capacity building (training of communities on participatory development approaches).
For the new LINKAGES Across the continuum of HIV services for key populations affected by HIV, TUPADO seeks to recruit staff in the following positions.
Reference Number – LINKAGES PC 16
Position description: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation of the LINKAGES project activities in Turkana county as outlined in the project scope.
- The Program Coordinator provides technical and program support to the LINKAGES project as implemented by TUPADO.
- Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Liaises with MOH and other stakeholders as is necessary in the implementation of the project
- Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status.
- Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements.
- Develops and reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports.
- Represent the project in program related meetings
The incumbent will report to the Project Manager TUPADO.
Minimum Requirement s
- Basic Degree or higher diploma in Knowledge / Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Minimum of 5 + years’ experience with program management, cross-cultural communications, US Government rules and regulations.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with key populations in Kenya.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in Kiswahili language.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than August 8th 2016.
Kindly note that only short listed persons will be contacted.