Vacancy Announcement No. 015/2016
Post Title: Logistics Assistant
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somalia candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Logistics Officer and overall Supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations;
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement;
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set;
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards;
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary;
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity;
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities;
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor;
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making;
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of Secondary School Education. Post-secondary certificate in the related field is desirable.
Experience: Four years of progressive work experience of which at least two years of continuous service in Logistics or similar functional area of work.
Language: Fluency in both written and spoken Somalia and English is a requirement.
Knowledge: Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine Logistics activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work. Experience using cooperate system to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and food stocks. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures and in the area of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0021692
- Step 1: Create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.