UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. Va-019/2016
Post Title: Business Support Assistant (Facilities Management)
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC4
Duty Station: Bossaso
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain database for contract’s validity (fuel, services, LTAs, cleaning & other services) and keep track for timely alerts for expiry/extension;
- Arrange necessary repair and maintenance of office premises;
- Maintain records inventory movements and balances;
- Supervise contractors’ services like office cleaning, facilities/civil works;
- Conduct physical count of assets/inventory;
- Process tax exemption certificates and customs clearances for office goods;
- Maintain proper filling system and process vehicle registrations;
- Organize transport for official purposes by assigning drivers and supervising their functions;
- Identifying obsolete/old/damaged/lost/unused items for recommendation of their disposal;
- Receive NFIs and report on quality and quantity;
- Verify vehicles’ logbooks, maintain duty roster for drivers and assign duties for daily shuttle and airport transfers;
- Supervise fleet and track due dates for repairs and maintenance;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years of progressive responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge: Experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system financial policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0021681
- Step 1: Create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- Note: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Date of issue: 5th July 2016
Closing Date: 18th July 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.