Job Opening: Human Resource Officer – Kakuma
Background: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia.
AAH-I has a long experience of partnering with UNHCR in delivering humanitarian assistance in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia. Action Africa Help International has been awarded a contract by UNHCR Kakuma to implement logistics and warehouse interventions for the refugee camp.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Human Resource Officer will provide technical expertise on various human resources functions including HR policies and procedures, compensation, benefits, employee and labor relations, performance management, recruiting, and training by ensuring that HR operations & systems are effectively reviewed, implemented & monitored in line with AAH-I policies and standards.
- University degree in HR Management, Business Administration, or a related qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience preferably in a similar organisation.
Skills and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of Kenya Labour laws
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Office packages & any HR management system
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and values.
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
to be received by 31st August, 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Candidates currently based in Kakuma are encouraged to apply.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.